Astravest Technologies is a Nigerian corporation that provides technological services to enable users trade foreign and local assets including but not limited to commodities, stocks(local and foreign stocks), money market (treasury bills, bonds, and commercial papers), real estate (fractional real estate) and any other investment class.
Astravest Technologies Inc. and its affiliates are part of a group which is made up of a number of local operating entities in a number of markets across the globe. “Astravest”, “we” “us” or our” in this privacy statement means the Astravest entity that is responsible for processing your personal information.
Account: means a Astravest Account
Cookies: A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer or mobile device. It enables us to remember your account log-in information, IP addresses, web traffic number of times you visit, browser type and version, device details, date and time of visits.
Astravest means Astravest Technologies Inc and subsidiaries or affiliates.
Personal Information: Any information that can be used to identify a living person including email address, company name, password, payment card, financial information such as (bank account number, etc.), Government-issued Identity card and/or taxpayer identification it may also include anonymous information that is linked to you, for example, your internet protocol (IP), log-in information, address, location, device or transaction data.
Sites: means any platform including but not limited to mobile applications, websites and social media platforms.
User: means an individual who uses the Services or accesses the Sites and has agreed to use the end services of Astravest.
Special Categories of Personal Information means details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
Our Privacy Principles
Astravest focuses on the following core principles
- To Empower the individual: Astravest wants you to be in charge of your personal information and to make your own voluntary choices about your personal data;
- To keep and secure personal information: Astravest Technologies Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Astravest’) do not take your trusting us with your information for granted. We take responsibility to ensuring that appropriate security measures are put in place and your personal information is protected;
- To be transparent and to educate users: For you to know what personal information is, how we collect personal information, for what purpose and how we secure personal information;
- To abide by local laws: Astravest is a global company with local privacy expertise. Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. Specific privacy notices may apply to some of our products and services. Please visit the webpage or digital asset of the specific product or service to learn more about our privacy and information practices in relation to that product or service;
- To collect and store personal information on the “need to collect” basis: Astravest collects personal information to perform its services for you. We work to have measures in place to prevent collecting and storing personal data beyond what we need.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
We may collect, use, process, store, or transfer personal information such as:
- Identity Data: Information such as, your full name(s), your government-issued identity number, and your date of birth. This data is to enable us to verify your identity in order to offer our services to you;
- Contact Data: This is data that is needed to reach out to you, such as your contact address, email address, telephone number, details of the device you use and billing details;
- Identification documents :(such as your passport or any Government-issued identity card), a photograph (if applicable) and any other registration information you may provide to prove you are eligible to use our services;
- Log/Technical information: When you access Astravest services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, links you have clicked on, length of visit on certain pages, unique device identifier, log-in information, location and other device details.
- Financial Data: Information, such as personal account number, the merchant’s name and location, the date and the total amount of transaction, and other information provided by financial institutions or merchants when we act on their behalf;
- Transactional Data: These are information relating to a payment when you as a merchant (using one or more of our payment processing services) or as a customer, are using our products or services;
- Marketing and Communications Data: This includes both a record of your decision to subscribe or to withdraw from receiving marketing materials from us or from our third parties.
- Records of your discussions with us, if we contact you and if you contact us.
We may also collect, store, use and transfer non-personal information or anonymized data such as statistical or demographic data.
As a principle, we do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Information. If we do collect Special Categories of Personal Information, we will ensure compliance with applicable law.
How we get your Personal Information and why we have it
The Personal Information we have about you is directly made available to us when you:
- Sign up for a Astravest Account;
- Use any of our services;
- Contact our customer support team;
- Fill our online forms;
- Contact us;
The lawful basis we rely on for processing your Personal Information are:
- Your Consent: Where you agree to us collecting your Personal Information by using our Services.
- We have a contractual obligation: Without your Personal Information, we cannot provide our Services to you.
- We have a legal obligation: To ensure we are fully compliant with all applicable Financial legislations such as Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing Laws, we must collect and store your Personal Information. We protect against fraud by checking your identity with your Personal Information.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information we collect to:
- Create and manage any accounts you may have with us, verify your identity, provide our services, and respond to your inquiries;
- Process your payment transactions (including authorization, clearing, chargebacks and other related dispute resolution activities);
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Astravest, financial institutions, merchants and partners;
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment with Astravest;
- Evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services;
- As necessary to establish, exercise and defend legal rights;
- To use data analytics to improve our Website, products or services, and user experiences.
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Data Security and Retention
The security of your Personal Information is important to Astravest. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical controls designed to protect the Personal Information you provide, or we collect against loss or theft, as well as against any unauthorized access, risk of loss, disclosure, copying, misuse or modification.
Other security measures include but not limited to, secure servers, firewall, data encryption and granting access only to employees in order to fulfil their job responsibilities.
Where you use a password for any of your Accounts, please ensure you do not share this with anyone, and the password is kept confidential at all times.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of your Personal Information is protected and maintained. Transmitting information online is not entirely secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that all information provided online is secure. We would take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is secured and well protected.
We will only retain personal information on our servers for as long as is reasonably necessary as long as we are providing Services to you. Where you close your Account, your information is stored on our servers to the extent necessary to comply with regulatory obligations and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. Where we retain your Personal Data, we do so in compliance with limitation periods under the applicable law.